Living area: 80 sqm
Beds: 4 + 1 extra bed
Our cottage Mieko is on the promontory of Miekojärvi. The lake is only a few meters away. The house is bright and friendly and offers comfort. The nature starts right outside the front door and is ideal for walking and exploring.
The house is situated on the lake Miekojärvi, one of the largest lakes in Norrbotten, and just outside the village of the same name. The village Miekojärvi lies on a promontory and so there are many extraordinary places with lake views. Due to the size of the lake, a total length of almost 20 km, this place is particularly well suited to observe the famous Northern Lights in winter or the midnight sun in the summer. The nearest town with shops is Överkalix and is 25km away.
Highlights of the Region:
- The Arctic Circle is just 20 km from Miekojärvi, who did not want to ever cross the Arctic Circle?
- In the village there is the Överkalix panorama hill Brännaberg with a phenomenal view of the two rivers Kalix and Ängesån.
- 40 km north of Miekojärvi is the waterfall Jockfall, part of the water system from the Kalix River. Here you can see the salmon jumping in summer.
- You can visit the elk elk park at Överkalix.
- The Finnish border is 40 km away so why not visit the same two Scandinavian countries? Directly behind the Finnish border is a popular excursion destination - the Avvasaksa
- A day trip is well worth the internationally famous Treehotel - an architectural masterpiece.
Motor boat, canoe or bike can be borrowed.
Wi-Fi rent 100 SEK / week, must be specified when booking.
20 km easter from Överkalix.
Shop: 20 km
Pharmacy: 20 km
Banking: 20 km
Prices and availability dates
Price: 5800 SEK/Week, 825 SEK/Day
Arrival and departure day: Freely selectable
Pets not allowed
From the same advertiser
» Log cabin at lake Miekojärvi: 2 + 1 Beds
» Small house on the countryside: 5 + 1 Beds
» Lovikka village Torne river Tornedalen Lapland: 4 + 2 Beds
» Hous for rent in lovely location: 4 + 2 Beds